What surrounds you?

As I was sitting here pondering the disappointment of yesterday's rib fest and what I would say about it, I started looking and decluttering my desk. It got me thinking about all the things that surround me:- The handmade mug rug my sewing genius friend sent me.- The unexpected and lovely mini runner this same…

Maybe a midlife crisis?

A coworker is selling his Mini Cooper. I mentioned it in passing to M, and since then his head has been swimming with visions of having it. Is this, finally, his midlife crisis moment?We have an old 1994 honda civic that need some TLC. I mean, REALLY needs TLC. But like so many things, M…

The quiet days

Not a whole lot going on in my corner of the world. Work. Exercise. Food frustration. Usual stuff. Nothing new or earth shattering to share.M has been dieting. It's not like he's especially fat, but for him the extra 10 lbs. (used to be 15 lbs.) he is carrying is a significant difference in his ability…

Choosing happy

In my blog reading wanderings I come across so many who seem so unhappy for a variety of reasons. Lives are difficult, people have problems, times can be very tough. I know I do my fair share of complaining whining venting about life's ups and downs. I try hard not to dwell in the negative…

Ups, downs, spinning round

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist today and am actually looking forward to it. My diabetes control remains imperfect and a work in progress, but there is significant improvement. There is still much work to do, but I am learning new things and tackling one aspect at a time. The past couple of weeks…

Playing Hurt

M and I did our hiking Saturday. It was great and glorious 95% of the time, mildly to wildly unpleasant the other 5%. This is progress.I am frustrated with myself for being this inexperienced and this out of shape and this much of a clumsy doofus. Significantly less I am frustrated with M for being…

New-to-me car purchase

Not me and M, but my daughter's fiance, A. And as they say, it's complicated. Rarely have I found financial decisions and choices to be a simple or as cut-and-dried as the frual and the PF bloggers make it sound. Human nature is we want what we want, and one person's needs are another (more…