On Friday, June 12, I posted my 80 days of summer to-do/goal list and committed to updating each week. It was a actually a pretty good week.
- Complete 1,000,000 steps on activity trackers. ON TRACK. For the 7 day period of Monday to Sunday, totals between my treadmill desk steps and my Garmin viviofit2 activity tracker is a whopping 166,017. I was on my feet quite a bit last week, and until I just totaled it up I had no idea I was quite THAT busy. What boosts my total steps is 4 days of more than 25,000 steps on the treadmill desk, working at my part-time gigs. Every step helps.
- Attend 25 classes yoga classes. ON TRACK. I got to 4 classes this week. I was at my studio on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, Friday, and Saturday mornings. VERY happy with this one.
- Use gym membership for 30 sessions of strength training. ON TRACK. Met with the trainer on Thursday for my initial session and count that toward this goal. In addition to Thursday, I also went to the gym and practiced the new warm-up movements Friday, Saturday, and at home on Sunday.
- Lose 10 lbs. ON TRACK. I seem to be gaining and losing the same couple of pounds, but this week was down 1.5 and I will be accepting of that. Being busy being more active I had hoped for a better outcome.
- Research CBT for eating habits. ABANDONED
The prohibitive cost combined with other issues going on has me tabling this as a goal for the summer.
- Decide upon and document funeral arrangement/wishes. FAIL. I have all kinds of reasons why this is not happening, and it’s okay. Hopefully nothing terrible befalls us before the summer ends.
- Read two books per week. ON TRACK. I am kinda/sorta on track with this, because I’m reading a book recommended by the my trainer (Lean Habits by Georgie Fear) and it’s not exactly beach book fare.
- Get a tan on my legs. ON TRACK. I have some color! We were outside a lot this weekend with guests and I can definitely see my flip-flop line on top my foot. M is becoming quite bossy about the sunscreen, because I apparently missed a spot on Saturday and have a really red (and painful!) spot on my back.
- Hike with M 6 weekend days. ON TRACK. M and I walked the trail in the greenbelt behind our home yesterday – about 10 miles round trip.
- Post 12 goal progress updates. ON TRACK
Looking back at week 4 it was actually pretty darn fabulous overall. Eating and drinking were worse than usual – hosting guests and drinking soda or juice and eating the delicious desserts they brought makes it harder to balance all those extra calories despite the boosted activity – but I value the friendships and the company and my eating habits are still very much a work in progress. Despite another stressful (and disheartening) work week I am burning stress in a more positive manner (exercise, yoga, hanging with M and with friends). I am happy.
With the holidays behind us for this month I am pretty focused on the week ahead. Hope US readers enjoyed a safe and sane holiday weekend and that we all have a good week this week.