On Friday, June 12, I posted my 80 days of summer to-do/goal list and committed to updating each week. It was a actually a pretty good week.
- Complete 1,000,000 steps on activity trackers. ON TRACK. For the 7 day period of Monday to Sunday, total steps between my treadmill desk steps and my Garmin viviofit2 activity tracker added up to 232,871, of which 20,089 was from Saturday’s fair trek. M and I also went for long walks several evenings last week to help with my agitated, stressed out state.
- Attend 25 classes yoga classes. ON TRACK. I got to 2 classes this week on Tuesday and Thursday. Happy to be making good, steady progress.
- Use gym membership for 30 sessions of strength training. FAIL. It was a bad week. I cancelled with the trainer on Wednesday and have not set foot in the gym for over a week. My next trainer meeting is Wednesday and I am hoping to pull myself together and get back on this.
- Lose 10 lbs. ON TRACK. A whopping 4 lbs. down this week. This is as perplexing to me as the weeks when I have added pounds and thought I was doing well with watching my food intake and increasing my exercise. Last week was an anomaly in many ways but 4 lbs. is 4 lbs. and I will happily accept it,
- Research CBT for eating habits. ABANDONED
The prohibitive cost combined with other issues going on has me tabling this as a goal for the summer.
- Decide upon and document funeral arrangement/wishes. FAIL. While not yet ready to completely abandon this as a goal, other priorities continue to derail me from even thinking about this. Trying again this week.
- Read two books per week. FAIL. Other than the news (I have been obsessed with the happenings with Greece and Europe) and blogs I routinely follow, I did no recreational reading last week at all. I have new books loaded as well as one in progress, so hopefully I’ll be back on track this week.
- Get a tan on my legs. ON TRACK. I have color and it’s only red in a couple of spots. Being outside more for our evening walks and all day at the fair have earned me new tan lines from my shorts hem and my socks and sneakers. I’ll call that a win.
- Hike with M 6 weekend days. ON TRACK. M and I walked the trail in the greenbelt behind our home 3 evenings last week and did urban hiking at the fair on Saturday.
- Post 12 goal progress updates. ON TRACK
Looking back at week 5 it was a good week overall. Eating and drinking were better than usual despite an emotionally stressful work week.
I am hoping to implement a better frame of mind about my job drama and get to the point where I can better compartmentalize it. Last week there was a lot of bitter distress from my coworkers, and I am sympathetic yet powerless to do anything about it. This week will be busy on all fronts with all my jobs, and I have actually got a meal plan written out and ready to be implemented, including lunch and midafternoon snack packed and ready for the day. I hate meal planning and just getting it written down and the ingredients lined up is huge for me. But as time passes I am seeing more and more clearly that meal planning is pretty vital for my overall health and well being. I must force myself to take responsibility and just do it. Ugh. Meal planning, exercise – hate the both, yet have to learn to live with them.
Have a great week everyone!